Skip to main content

Poll

Which Party will receive your first preference vote at this Federal election?

ALP
[ 12 ] (48%)
LNP
[ 6 ] (24%)
Greens
[ 0 ] (0%)
One Nation
[ 2 ] (8%)
Other Official Party (Palmer, Hinch, Katter, Bernardi etc)
[ 3 ] (12%)
Independent
[ 2 ] (8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: May 20, 2019, 09:17:02 am

Topic: Federal Election 2019 (Read 10125 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Federal Election 2019

Reply #30
Looking at this election results trend is making me laugh. All I have been listening to experts in the media for the past week, has been a comfortable victory by the Labour Party and Bill Shorten being our next Prime Minister. These experts need to check their medications. If this is an election they couldn’t lose, then fail big time. Big time. By experts and by a party that couldn’t sell policies the general public were willing to buy into.

Too true. Bill won’t be leader for very long and Tanya will be Labor Leader. All those polls, both internal and external that got it wrong...it’s like the US Election. Amazing stuff. Let’s hope Labor don’t play the US Democrat card and kick themselves in the ass by not learning from their mistakes. Actually coming to think of it, maybe Labor have done just that!!!!

I’m amazed at people’s short term memories of the Government’s ineptitude of doubling the deficit and screwing average workers...and Shorten’s inability over what...6 years?, to become PM. I think it says more about Bill than the Libs.

Anyway, here’s to 3 years of prosperity. Congrats to the Libs. Now get Governing. And keep it classy.

I wonder how old Malcolm is feeling this evening?
Keep the Faith

Reply #31
I have to say, that this has been the worst election campaign I've ever seen.

I cant tell you a thing about their policies.

Nothing.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #32
Their policies were to promise money everywhere without thought in a lot of cases. The home loan deposit gaurantee for instance. Shorten lost the unlosable election.
Does Labor need a rebuild or a new coach?

Reply #33
The decision to ditch Malcolm is looking like  a good one.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #34
I'm a traditional Labor voter but disagreed with some of the policies put forward by Labor and it wasnt hard to figure out that nitwit Clive Palmer and fellow Nutter Pauline would
hurt Labor especially up North. Liberals traditionally run a better campaign of scare mongering and their advertising is a lot more clever and they pick their targets.
Labor were forced to pull Bill Shortens image in Queensland and I think in WA too, such is the lack of respect for him. He is a poor media performer and doesnt really know the financially aspects of Labor policy well and is a poor salesman.

I'd expect Anthony Albanese to be the new opposition leader if the election is indeed lost, the Liberals will change policy tact too IMO and will look to change their spots
on climate change hopefully. Morrison is a bozo and three years of him and his mates is hard to cop but Labor only have themselves to blame.
Good seeing Abbott go as he has been a terrible member in parliment but that will only aid the Liberals long term.
The Senate will be full of real nutters like Palmer, Pauline, and newbies like Zali Steggall who is a closet Liberal....

Reply #35
@ EB1

EB, Shorten was Labour's biggest liability and I believe he is the major reason they will probably lose. I've yet to meet anyone who trusts him or has any time for him and so the prospect of him as PM was unthinkable for too many people.

Reply #36
@ EB1

EB, Shorten was Labour's biggest liability and I believe he is the major reason they will probably lose. I've yet to meet anyone who trusts him or has any time for him and so the prospect of him as PM was unthinkable for too many people.

Cookie, Shorten reminds me of John Hewson who lost an election you couldnt lose with his GST and infamous cake example...

Reply #37
Interesting, quite a few I've chatted to said if Abbott looked like staying they would have flipped and voted Labor. The minute it started looking bad for him they felt safe voting coalition, mostly because in Abbott's absence they feel less threatened by the hard right.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38
Cookie, Shorten reminds me of John Hewson who lost an election you couldnt lose with his GST and infamous cake example...

Yes. I find with Shorten though that I just can't relate to him or believe anything he says because as a person he seems to be a confection with limited ability to be convincing - what you see is not really what you get. He always seems to be acting a part in a very ulterior way - sinister almost. Hewson was certainly bad at getting his points across and relating to people but I was more convinced that what you saw was at least real, even if if you didn't like what he was saying. Actually, I've heard him in the media a number of times in recent times and he has some interesting insights.

Reply #39
I'm not one for politics but I watched part of the debate between scomo and Bill and I thought Bill flogged him. So all the anti bill comments about his media performances and can't be trusted I dont quite get.

I think the influence of Palmer and Pauline is what won the election for the libs....and that's a scary foreshadowing of us going down the US path.

Reply #40
I found this election especially problematic....   Who could you vote for...  Who seriously deserved it? They are all crap. 

Bit bewildered really,  don't see how the polling could be so wrong.   Three more years of this chaotic do nothing government.  Meanwhile our society rots, our economy withers and our environment deteriorates.

But what staggers me the most is how people could return Barnaby Joyce. What can't this bloke get away with?!?

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #41
I'm not one for politics but I watched part of the debate between scomo and Bill and I thought Bill flogged him. So all the anti bill comments about his media performances and can't be trusted I dont quite get.

I think the influence of Palmer and Pauline is what won the election for the libs....and that's a scary foreshadowing of us going down the US path.

The west generally seems to be swinging to the right. Just read that Marine Le Penn has overtaken Macron in polling in France. Just one example. We are witnessing a major global ideological battle.

Reply #42
Which doesn't auger well for a happy,  conflict free planet.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #43
A lot of very sad lefties sooking it up big time on twitter. Dont you love how an election unites a nation ::)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #44
It's just the global political climate really.

Right wing governments are getting up pretty much across the world because frankly people are worried about their national identity and erosion of values.

It's just the current state of play.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson