Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 17588 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #45
Teague will surely want Daisy back.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #46
Dropping Casboult for team balance by bringing in McGovern who has done nothing to support his $700k contract is really setting the wrong tone and doubt we are that stupid to do it. I would drop marchbank for balance if it’s needed, well before Casboult. He has been a steady rock in defence and one of the rare bright lights.

As for Polson, I watched the 2nds and he did what he always does, SFA. Hardly touches it runs around like a headless chook guarding space and shanks it every one of his 5-7 touches.

If we are serious the new coach will delist him at years end. Won’t make it. Need to move on and stop justifying running around in circles is enough to be promoted. I know we are the bottom team but he is that far below afl level it’s not funny.

McGovern, and Charlie, are only 50-odd game players. Marchbank isn't even at that stage. Casboult has more experience than any 2 of that 3 combined.....but his output doesn't reflect that. There is also the problem of finding a matchup for him. I haven't really watched the Lions this year so not sure if one exists, but most teams would see Casboult lining up at CHB and design a playbook around their CHF to exploit him.

How many ways can someone exploit Charlie if he were to play CHB?

As for Polson...
Think about Teague. How many touches did he get each week? How was his disposal? How was his effort? Polson is a mini teague, he just plays a different position.

Reply #47
Possible ins: McGov, Simmo, Murphy, Thomas

Possible outs: Fasolo, Lang, Plowman,

Fasolo cannot possibly stay in. Lang’s zip / 3 in front of goal is a coach killer. We need to fit Simmo into the backline. Kennedy is the one I’d give another we to. Not sure if McGov comes straight in....

Reply #48
Possible ins: McGov, Simmo, Murphy, Thomas

Possible outs: Fasolo, Lang, Plowman,

Fasolo cannot possibly stay in. Lang’s zip / 3 in front of goal is a coach killer. We need to fit Simmo into the backline. Kennedy is the one I’d give another we to. Not sure if McGov comes straight in....

If Bolton was the cause of our underperformance, why would you drop players for under performing?

Wouldnt you keep them in to see if this is now rectified rather than swinging mass changes around?

If you ask me, we are now searching through our list to see who can play well for us moving forward, and we need to make a number of tough calls at the end of this season.

Garlett, Fasolo, Lang, Lobbe, Phillips and anyone whom we are considering parting ways with, should all be playing senior footy so we can work out who is still up to it, and who isnt.

At the moment, no one looks up to it, and we would be better served getting the kids to play together in the VFL, until they are ready to play together at AFL level.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #50
1 win, 11 games to go, 12 gets you into the finals. C'mon Teaguey you can do it son....lol!

Reply #52
I've totally lost interest now. Can't see how Teague will make a difference, I suspect we will still be very sad after the weekend.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #53
I've totally lost interest now. Can't see how Teague will make a difference, I suspect we will still be very sad after the weekend.

Same here!  I won’t be attending the game and I suspect that there won’t be much of a crowd.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #54
Same here!  I won’t be attending the game and I suspect that there won’t be much of a crowd.
I'm torn, part of me says onward and upward, the other part says we are back to square one.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #55
I was the same last week. Thought I'd give them one more chance and really believed we could turn it around.....5 minutes into the second quarter I'd packed it in and gone for another surf!

Reply #56

It will be alot more free run and attack apparently, which Teague is more renowned for. Bit more of a focus on scoring. Hopefully we'll get something like the Dogs and the first half of the Hawthorn games. He is the only coach to take any form of a Carlton side to a Grand Final, doing it 2 years straight, where he did focus alot on attack. Hopefully continues that way.

Couldn't keep going with how we were. Players are the same so hopefully it's forward. Certainly not square one.

Reply #57

It's certainly not time for flying off into FrouFrou land and thinking we'll win the game, the flag or anything else. But I say get behind Teague and see what he has to offer first. He'll never be as good as Bolton, so we have to be realistic on that front..........

Reply #58
I'll be watching with interest, on tv.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #59
The Docherty interview re Teague on the CFC makes for very interesting listening. Less meetings, less strategies, simple messages.   Maybe we’ve been ‘overtaught!’