Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 17965 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #60
It's certainly not time for flying off into FrouFrou land and thinking we'll win the game, the flag or anything else. But I say get behind Teague and see what he has to offer first. He'll never be as good as Bolton, so we have to be realistic on that front..........

I’d prefer to send a message that I’m not happy with the club reverting to type and expecting a simple solution to solve a complex problem ... and I don’t think that I can summon up the energy to watch what could be a train wreck.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #61
It's certainly not time for flying off into FrouFrou land and thinking we'll win the game, the flag or anything else. But I say get behind Teague and see what he has to offer first. He'll never be as good as Bolton, so we have to be realistic on that front..........

You'd be as good as Bolton. Fair chance quite a few of us could win 4 from 43 turning up with a slab and a bag of chips in they coach's box.

Reply #62
I’d prefer to send a message that I’m not happy with the club reverting to type and expecting a simple solution to solve a complex problem ... and I don’t think that I can summon up the energy to watch what could be a train wreck.

We won 4 from 43, what the hell do you expect any club to do. Can't continue with that rubbish. You enjoy that $hit you saw? you might've been happy watching that, most of us weren't. Any other club would've sacked him long before now.

Reply #63
In McGovern, Simpson, Thomas, LOB
Out Kennedy, Stocker, Fasolo, Lang

Reply #64

They won't notice your absence from the game David, but a strongly worded email and threat to not renew yours or your family's memberships may make a tiny dent.

Reply #65
In McGovern, Simpson, Thomas, LOB
Out Kennedy, Stocker, Fasolo, Lang

Not sure why Stocker was dropped at least he has some gonads and if the club want Kennedy to show something they need to give him some continuity by playing him.

LOB?....based on his NB's form?

SOS needs to do his job and find some decent mature players as both Fasalo and Lang are finished....

Reply #66

...and this you know, how? As Pauline would blurt, "Please explain."
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #67
Not sure why Stocker was dropped at least he has some gonads and if the club want Kennedy to show something they need to give him some continuity by playing him.

SOS needs to do his job and find some decent mature players as both Fasalo and Lang are finished....

Stocker shown as injured.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #68

Stocker is injured, not dropped. Lang also injured.

Fasolo and Kennedy dropped.

Reply #69
The Docherty interview re Teague on the CFC makes for very interesting listening. Less meetings, less strategies, simple messages.   Maybe we’ve been ‘overtaught!’

Read somewhere else we may have been  overcoached but we'll see.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #70

Equally surprised with LOB getting a call up.

Yep, SOS is going to have to work overtime to get some legitimate performers in the 23-27 age bracket.

No more non-hackers please SOS.

No more broken ones please SOS.

No more 'slower than a wet week' ones please SOS.

No more runts please SOS.

Reply #71
Lang is about as durable as Phillips.....should be shown the door at the end of the season.

Agree on O'Brien....not sure what he brings to the table but I'm guessing there wasn't much else left in the VFL?

Reply #72
Read somewhere else we may have been  overcoachef but we'll see.

That was one of the knocks on BB, too much complex instruction and too many meetings (did he just like the sound of his own voice  ;) :P - don't tell Pauly I said that ssshhhh).

Reply #73
Stocker shown as injured.

Fair enough, makes sense then as he at least gives effort.....
Lang injured too?....maybe it was the heavy rain....