Skip to main content

Poll

Would you vote for Dan Andrews if there was a election this weekend?

Yes
[ 8 ] (34.8%)
No - I would vote Liberal
[ 7 ] (30.4%)
No - I would vote Green
[ 0 ] (0%)
No - I would vote for another, but not Dan
[ 2 ] (8.7%)
Undecided
[ 6 ] (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: September 28, 2020, 10:10:10 am

Topic: Who would you vote for in a State Election if held this weekend 28/09 (Read 5888 times) previous topic - next topic

Who would you vote for in a State Election if held this weekend 28/09

So if there was a state election this weekend, would you vote for Dan Andrews and his government or would you be voting for someone else?
The third option is for if you are voting Independent for another smaller party, or even possibly one of Greens or Liberal Party, but you won't be voting for Dan Andrews
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Re: Who would you vote for in a State Election if held this weekend 28/09

Reply #1
with all due respect I think it would be quite silly to change leadership at this point in time.

maybe in a month or so, things would change, but thats the way it goes.  Imagine getting another party in to run matters now.  It would be bedlam at all levels.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #2
with all due respect I think it would be quite silly to change leadership at this point in time.

maybe in a month or so, things would change, but thats the way it goes.  Imagine getting another party in to run matters now.  It would be bedlam at all levels.

Yes I don't particularly disagree, but it is more gauging happiness with the government.
I tend to agree that it would be a disaster right now in the middle of a pandemic
Goals for 2017
=============

Reply #3
In footy terms, Dan had a good first quarter, a shocker in the second, but his second half has been tough without being pretty.  Funny thing is, if you finish in front at the final siren, nobody usually remembers the score at half time......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #4
In footy terms, Dan had a good first quarter, a shocker in the second, but his second half has been tough without being pretty.  Funny thing is, if you finish in front at the final siren, nobody usually remembers the score at half time......

That is an interesting analogy Tonyo.
So for the record, whilst it has been a bit dirty, you are reasonably okay with Dan's last say 4-6 weeks? Say from mid August?
I won't argue that point with you, the main purpose of the poll was just to gauge feelings, so I am only interested, because it goes along with what I think the majority of people might feel.
Goals for 2017
=============

Reply #5
He's the analogy that keeps running around in my head. An arsonist lites a fire then turns up to put the fire out and seemingly saves the day. He 's still an arsonist.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6
I've no idea, I'm not unhappy with Andrews regarding COVID, but I can't say his government have done well on other things like the sale of the ports which has setup Victoria to be ripped off by the Chinese for the next hundred years.

The Belt and Road stuff is astounding, to me it looks like for Dan it's a "Better Red than Dead!" scenario his government is playing out!

In his favour, the opposition are down right pitiful, you can't vote them in just for the sake of change!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
I could not vote for him ever again. The East-West link (costing hundreds of millions) of our money, red shirts, incompetence and lies about hotel quarantine,  the abuse of powers (curfew for no good medical reasons) most significantly his outright single mindedness about the maintenance of excessive restrictions in parts of VIC that are COVID free. I know personally two people who have lost their business and there was simply no need.

On a personal note, if the guy gets on stage one more time and talks about decisions being made collectively and then proceeds to revert to "I decided", "I am accountable", I will spew up! His marketing team should be sacked as a start.

The opposition, don't make is a logical choice however! 
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #8
For me, it is about which party is going to:
a) make the State a better place
b) protect/look after the vulnerable the best
c) which party appears to have more integrity

I will admit that I don't necessarily know how to judge this as a lot of the talk is about 'me, me, me'

at the moment the choices are *****crickets*****.  The void of leadership, creation of division in society and total lack of integrity both State and Federally are very disheartening.

Reply #9
I could not vote for him ever again. The East-West link (costing hundreds of millions) of our money

The opposition, don't make is a logical choice however! 
I've said this a couple times on here now. I've forgotten the specifics but will summarise as best i can.

The east-west thing he cops a lot of flak for. From memory Libs signed the papers on it right before labour took over. Estimated cost of $4Bil.

Dan gets into power and has his crew look over it in his first week in office and says its BS. That $4B estimate is way off and its more like $20B. So he is faced with a choice.
a) Go ahead with it, and get accused of going overbudget five-fold.
b) Scrap it, and pay out $1B in doing so and get nothing for it.
He was on a hiding to nothing and it was all set up by the previous government.......a smart political move on their behalf.

Now, we all know he went with 'b'. What he's done with the money is transform the rest of melbournes roads by eliminated level crossings as well as set up the 'missing link' up north and obviously other projects as well. All of this was done with the 'extra' money he would've had to spend to fulfil the bogus contract.

Given those 2 scenarios, i'm happy with his choice.

To be fair, i was not happy with that whole scenario for years until one day i heard an interview with him and he was asked about it. Once you heard him explain the facts, and the options it left him, you can't fault his logic on the matter.

Reply #10
I've said this a couple times on here now. I've forgotten the specifics but will summarise as best i can.

The east-west thing he cops a lot of flak for. From memory Libs signed the papers on it right before labour took over. Estimated cost of $4Bil.

Dan gets into power and has his crew look over it in his first week in office and says its BS. That $4B estimate is way off and its more like $20B. So he is faced with a choice.
He was on a hiding to nothing and it was all set up by the previous government.......a smart political move on their behalf.

Now, we all know he went with 'b'. What he's done with the money is transform the rest of melbournes roads by eliminated level crossings as well as set up the 'missing link' up north and obviously other projects as well. All of this was done with the 'extra' money he would've had to spend to fulfil the bogus contract.

Given those 2 scenarios, i'm happy with his choice.

To be fair, i was not happy with that whole scenario for years until one day i heard an interview with him and he was asked about it. Once you heard him explain the facts, and the options it left him, you can't fault his logic on the matter.

Logic just isnt sensational enough I am afraid.  It doesnt win votes, and it doesnt make a good headline.

Spending 1 billion to not build a road wins headlines though.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
How's that West Gate tunnel going?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #12

One small problem with that was that he told the public during the election campaign that it was going to cost (dont quote me on the figure) something in the order of $100-150M to tear up. He has spent something in the order of $1-1.2B I think.
As for his West Gate Tunnel debacle...
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #13
One small problem with that was that he told the public during the election campaign that it was going to cost (dont quote me on the figure) something in the order of $100-150M to tear up. He has spent something in the order of $1-1.2B I think.
As for his West Gate Tunnel debacle...

To say nothing of the fact that he received Federal funding for East West link, kept it and refused to repay it.  Such principles

Reply #14
To say nothing of the fact that he received Federal funding for East West link, kept it and refused to repay it.  Such principles
Well yeah there's that too, let's not quibble over a few measly shekels. ;D  ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th