Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 18: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 7196 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 18: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #45
Stocker’s hit on Mihocek topped off a great last quarter, he’s had it easy against us as have many others in the past, made a real statement. Respect to SOJ and Sergio, never saws him play but you know from the way he is remembered that he epitomised playing for the club.

The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #46
Stocker’s hit on Mihocek topped off a great last quarter, he’s had it easy against us as have many others in the past, made a real statement. Respect to SOJ and Sergio, never saws him play but you know from the way he is remembered that he epitomised playing for the club.
I remember the 2nd half of his career. No memory of his first 5 years. Hard, tough physical beast, great finals player and a good reason why he is in Carlton's Team of the Century. Our best player in the 1962 Grand Final. An all time AFL great.

Reply #47
How much did we miss Jones last week?!?
Almost the difference between victory and defeat. Mind you, Plow did a great job, but the extra height would have been crucial.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #48
Fans (me anyway) criticise Plowman because he lopes when he should run, makes dumb decisions regularly and costs the team energy sapping goals. Not many say he never does anything good and that he deserves zero credit for anything but he needs to sort out what's going on between his ears because his panic attacks cost us goals and more importantly impact on all of the younger players around him.

Not to say he doesn't get some tough jobs and holds some good small forwards on occasion.

His good may or may not outweigh his bad but we need to set our sights higher as a club than blokes who get aren't ALWAYS bad. We need elite calm decision makers - especially in defence.
Plowman isnt chasing cheap kicks, getting paid a fortune for the easy rebound role and gets given the tough jobs on the players no one else wants to play on. He will have his failures because the degree of difficulty with his opponents is usually high, I'm sure he would like to sit back get 20 easy kicks, a few intercepts, and wander down for the odd goal but some poor sod has to get some bruises and play some defense as we cant have everyone rebounding.

Reply #49
Fun fact of the day....

Jack Silvagni was our =5th tallest player today, listed at 191cm. (Jones, Weitering, TDK, Harry)
Lachie Plowman is the same height (although some suggest he is 193cm), and is asked to play on the Eddie Betts' types.

2 blokes, same height.....asked to play on the tallest and smallest of opposition.

Jack gets credit for playing ruck and punching above his weight......which he should.
Plowman gets chastised routinely because the smaller types give him a hard time. - Fair is fair. Give the bloke some credit.

Jack is 194cm, Lachie is 193cm.

Jack does very well as a relatively undersized key forward and remarkably well as a very undersized ruckman.

Lachie does very well as a third tall defender who is able to match up on taller opponents as well as smaller, faster opponents.  Lachie does cop criticisms for errors or poor decisions that cost us goals but, generally, the mistakes were made long before the ball arrived in his vicinity.  He is an important and very underrated part of our defensive structure.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #51
I don't get the Plowman hate, we missed him terribly when he was so unjustly treated by the MRP and Tribunal.

He helps deliver structure and dependability to the D50, I suspect in terms of defence he is probably the 3rd picked behind Weiters and Jones. He is never going to be a Weiters or Jones, and he is not a Saad or Williams, so he gets all the unfashionable jobs you do not want the others stuck with. But he'd still be 3rd picked.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
Harry then daylight.

Betts plays on. Great season. Still has the gift.

Owies showing hard work and perseverance still have a place.

Levi - gone.

Lacking a 2nd (Charlie) and 3rd tall (Guv).

Martin has had a poor season  - carrying a serious niggle you would have to think?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #53
Walsh heat map. I kid you not...haha. That's sticking it up the Pies!

He was obviously enjoying himself while cutting up the Pies...lol.

He sure was hard at it, be stiff not to get 3 Brownlow votes.  ;)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #54

Baggers 👉🚪
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #55
I don't get the Plowman hate, we missed him terribly when he was so unjustly treated by the MRP and Tribunal.

He helps deliver structure and dependability to the D50, I suspect in terms of defence he is probably the 3rd picked behind Weiters and Jones. He is never going to be a Weiters or Jones, and he is not a Saad or Williams, so he gets all the unfashionable jobs you do not want the others stuck with. But he'd still be 3rd picked.

Same here LP.  He is a vital part of our defensive structure.

As a matter of interest, how many goals were scored by his direct opponent(s) today and how many score assists did they have?  I can't think of any.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #56
Harry then daylight.

Betts plays on. Great season. Still has the gift.

Owies showing hard work and perseverance still have a place.

Levi - gone.

Lacking a 2nd (Charlie) and 3rd tall (Guv).

Martin has had a poor season  - carrying a serious niggle you would have to think?

Yes, but I reckon he moved more freely today than he has since doing his PCL against the Pies in round 2. 

If Levi's knee isn't completely stuffed, it would make sense to keep him on for another season as depth while Mirkov learns the ropes.

Reply #57
Yeah we can't delist any big blokes... Jack in the ruck FFS.

Reply #58
Same here LP.  He is a vital part of our defensive structure.

As a matter of interest, how many goals were scored by his direct opponent(s) today and how many score assists did they have?  I can't think of any.

Wasn't he on the young guy that kicked 3?

Was on Elliott for most of the second half.

Just don't watch a replay of the last time we played Collingwood if you're a Plowman fan... horror show.

Reply #59
Thought he was a bit cocky actually....hehe.