Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 11 2024 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 2398 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 11 2024 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Gold Coast

All ready for the post match.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 11 2024 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #1
Saad and Forgarty better for the run, TDK LOVES  being the main man, Criops and Walsh never stopped, Kemp is coming of age, Cincotta the consummate role player!!

Reply #2
Take a bow Zac
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
 Never in doubt really.  My only complaint is that we should have won by more … and that we kept pinpointing Mac Andrew.  He could be one of the best players of this era without our blokes kicking to him.

Kudos to the coaches for the forward line adjustments and kudos to Charlie for the work he put in to get on top of Andrew.

Some of the whipping boys in Ollie Hollands, Zac Williams and Orazio Fantasia deserve acknowledgment for their efforts today.  Williams showed enough to suggest that he could perform a Jack Martin role and he was effective when he went into the midfield too.

De Koning was outstanding against Witts and was probably more effective than a combination with Pittonet would have been.

Our defence was miserly, our midfield was brutal and our forwards were pretty good for a work in progress.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
Really smashed them. Cripps showed Rowell who the boss is for now.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #5
Did what we needed to do.
4 Points 👉
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #6
MBB, your comment worries me.  Sure we were expected to beat them, but what happens in three years?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #7
Charlie frustrates the bejesus out of me. Everyone near me all thought the same thing, doesn't chase, doesn't run around much, plays for frees, an utterly terrible first half. But when he decides to flick the switch, he turns games.
Cripps was mega today I thought.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #8
Liked to have gone on and won by 10 goals when we were 8 up but anyway, underdone blokes got a run under their belt, we found a forward in Williams, who's done alright 2 weeks in a row now, and always seemed in control against a side in decent form.

While we haven't gone bad with 2 rucks we certainly do look better balanced with the one ruck. There's more run. TDK played his best game for us and Harry revels in a run around the ground. Makes an extra target coming out of defence.

Reply #9
We actually had a ruck that won hit outs, clearances, tackles and took marks and won nicely - this is what TDK was doing before Pitto came in and lost three of four....players just took the game on with more run and scored more on turn over.... no idea what was going through selection committee head past month.

Reply #10
Would echo others here
- Charlie, frustrating. Awful game to HT but some how kicks 4. Thought Harry played a better role in the fwd line for less reward.
- Williams - shows our other forwards how it’s done.
- TDK, brilliant. Shows the versatility of our side
- Cripps was great as was Walsh again

We really need to be rotating our key players on the final month of the year to freshen them up. We have had as hard a 2 months as I can recall, with 2 weeks to come. McG, Weiters, Hewitt, Harry, Newman, Cripps, Walsh, TDK all need spells.

Would be interested to know how we go with TDK an Pittonet today, with one resting on Mac Andrew in the fwd half. Same result?

Next week - out, Orasio, in Motlop

Reply #11
We actually had a ruck that won hit outs, clearances, tackles and took marks and won nicely - this is what TDK was doing before Pitto came in and lost three of four....players just took the game on with more run and scored more on turn over.... no idea what was going through selection committee head past month.
Again, are you taking the p!55 or what? Tom got smashed by Witts today, if ever you needed two rucks with one parked in the fwd line it was today. I dont know why they didn't park TDK in the goal square for his rest instead of the bench (like the resting ruckman did in the good old days). Sometimes old is new.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #12
Again, are you taking the p!55 or what? Tom got smashed by Witts today, if ever you needed two rucks with one parked in the fwd line it was today. I dont know why they didn't park TDK in the goal square for his rest instead of the bench (like the resting ruckman did in the good old days). Sometimes old is new.
We got smashed in HO by we smashed them on clearances (all of them) and TDK had 25 possessions he was instrumental around the ground. The 3rd rover thing is a huge advantage. Aside from a gimme goal, Witt’s had minimal impact around the ground

Reply #13
We got smashed in HO by we smashed them on clearances (all of them) and TDK had 25 possessions he was instrumental around the ground. The 3rd rover thing is a huge advantage. Aside from a gimme goal, Witt’s had minimal impact around the ground
I think two ruckman would have been handy today I feel. I dont look at HO stats, I look a the way Witts monstered Tom around. Tom got on top for a little bit where he jumped over him. I agree Tom got plenty of the footy around the ground. An extra tall would have handy today I reckon. We'll see if they stick with one or two rucks when Pitto recovers.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #14
Watch the love come for williams this week - most wanted him in the bin the last few weeks.

I like him forward and while he wont kick 4 every week he is a decent user and is a smart footballer and dangerous when the ball is loose and bobbling around which happens a lot with our twin towers. Opposition coaches will be concerned having to deal with him as if you don't respect him he will make you pay. Also think we need to persist with kennedy as a medium forward. Cant rely on Martin or Cunningham and with Jack out for the year imo kennedy is a good option for us to fill that gap. He is strong overhead and i trust him as a set shot.

Thought Voss won in the coaches box today which was good cause i cant stand Hardwick.

Happy to bank the points - will be a tougher challenge next week. Hopefully Cerra is ready.  Off to enjoy my winners Scotch.