Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 12 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 1541 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 12 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Another Thursday night game, but this one is in Adelaide.  :(  :(
I'm not even sure I can get home in time for the first bounce.  :(
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 12 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #1
Going to be wet and blowy.
Not sure if that helps us or the PAP smears?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #2
Going to be wet and blowy.
Not sure if that helps us or the PAP smears?

Helps us IMO. They are quicker than us (most sides are!). We don't want a shoot out, we want a war of attrition. Better if it's wet.

Reply #3
I think they're without Dixon, Rioli and possibly Rozee?

If it's wet, our bigger bodied mids might have an advantage....will definitely need the likes of Williams, Owies, Fogarty and Fantasia (or Motlop) at the feet of Charlie and Harry.

Reply #4
My bad....sounds like Dixon was rested against North and will be available. But if it is wet, hard to see them going with Dixon, Finlayson, Marshall, Georgiades and Soldo?

Reply #5
To beat Port over there is a reasonable effort. Can be done. Pressure will be the barometer. Still not confident we will get the chocolates. They will know we are coming and won’t be complacent. We better hit them hard early.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #6
I think they are beatable and as I keep saying our best is good enough vs anyone, anywhere. As Mantis said, pressure and contested footy is our go and when we bring it, we are hard to play against. I feel like most of the Port players don't like it tough and hard. I'd give Cincotta the job on Butters first up. Fantasia should be able to supplement Vossy's intel on this mob. I sound like a broken record but games like this against a contender on their dung heap can send a message (one way or the other). Which message will we send?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7
So are we happy to ruck BigH against Soldo or Dixon, they are nice boys, calm and fair, not angry emotional types, they won't target BigH's PCL or ribs if we get on top, ................ will they?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
Nup, ruck Pittonet and give'em some treatment back the other way
Tired of us getting worked over by crap trucks. Never miss an opportunity to push back on these arrogant bogans.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #9
Rozee out along with Rioli will help us, pity Dixon looks like returning but Im confident we can cover most of their good players with our own and I think Charlie will have a big game on Zerk Thatcher and Harry will be to good for Esava.
Lose to Port and its going to be a tough couple of weeks with some harder games to come, Port are way over-rated imho and without long time nemesis Robbie Gray to bail them out with the last kick of the day stuff it will be the Blues by around 17 points.

Reply #10
Nup, ruck Pittonet and give'em some treatment back the other way
Tired of us getting worked over by crap trucks. Never miss an opportunity to push back on these arrogant bogans.

Pitto is out for a couple of weeks so it will be Tom and a combination of Harry, Crippa, Chugga, etc.  I suppose that Nige could be an option but probably not in a wet game at night.

I have to laugh at LP’s fears about opposition rucks setting out to harm Harry.  While Harry is more than capable of looking after himself, angelic looking Tom is one of the meanest ruckmen going around, and never hesitates to make his opposition aware of his presence. Furthermore, the ruck rotations are usually orchestrated so that Harry only competes against Finlayson.

Dixon is being nursed through the season and usually only takes some forward 50 ruck contests.  He will be flat out trying cope with Weitering’s attentions.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
I have to laugh at LP’s fears about opposition rucks setting out to harm Harry.
Don't jinx us!

You often post about respecting opponents, then you lightly dismiss the opposition's prime battering ram.

BigH's main advantage is his mobility and acceleration for a player his size, a ruck injury could end all that.

If I'm not mistaken, BigH is a twin, and his twin brother Ben has already had two minor PCLs.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
Don't jinx us!

You often post about respecting opponents, then you lightly dismiss the opposition's prime battering ram.

BigH's main advantage is his mobility and acceleration for a player his size, a ruck injury could end all that.

If I'm not mistaken, BigH is a twin, and his twin brother Ben has already had two minor PCLs.

Who is the opposition’s prime battering ram; Soldo or the incapacitated Dixon?  As battering rams they are both nowhere near as destructive as Tom.

Ben doesn’t play in the ruck and Harry has more chance of suffering a PCL injury in a marking contest.  He doesn’t engage in knee up ruck contests but uses his size and strength to out manoeuvre his opponent.  That’s why he doesn’t bother with a shin guard.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #13
He doesn’t engage in knee up ruck contests but uses his size and strength to out manoeuvre his opponent.  That’s why he doesn’t bother with a shin guard.
What BigH does isn't the problem! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
So are we happy to ruck BigH against Soldo or Dixon, they are nice boys, calm and fair, not angry emotional types, they won't target BigH's PCL or ribs if we get on top, ................ will they?
Soldo played managed minutes in the SANFL coming back from a knee injury didn't he. Play him I say, he will be underdone.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time