Skip to main content ↑ ↓
Topic: AFLW 2026 Rd 8 Carlton vs Hawthorn at home (Read 73 times) previous topic - next topic
jayjay and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AFLW 2026 Rd 8 Carlton vs Hawthorn at home

A Thursday night game at home. :( I hate Thursday night footy.
Hawthorn are 9th, we're 6th.
Live Long and Prosper!

 

Re: AFLW 2026 Rd 8 Carlton vs Hawthorn at home

Reply #1 –
There is wisdom in those words.

As I grow older, I hate anything not Saturday or Sunday, the weekend is greatly diminished and there is less to look forward to.

No wonder the USA society is full of bitterness and hate, each day blends into another, nothing is reserved or special!
"Extremists on either side will always meet in the Middle!"

Re: AFLW 2026 Rd 8 Carlton vs Hawthorn at home

Reply #2 –
I hate Thursday night footy.
There is wisdom in those words.

As I grow older, I hate anything not Saturday or Sunday, the weekend is greatly diminished and there is less to look forward to.

No wonder the USA society is full of bitterness and hate, each day blends into another, nothing is reserved or special!

Brick back KB and co, 'Grumpy old men' are back!

For me, footy takes priority on the weekend. I try and fit my social life (as limited as it may be) and kids sports around who is playing and when.
So to get something like that 'out of the way' before the weekend is a blessing for me. It frees up time that i can do something else instead.
Since footy season finished (and kids soccer) i've managed to play golf twice and go to the driving range twice. Previously, it'd be 3 years combined before i could reach that same total.

The AFLW is a quicker version of footy and is able to fit in better.....also less likely chance of spoilers if i can't watch it live.

So i've got no problem with Thursday night footy (unless i wanna go to it) and Sunday/Monday night footy etc.
I'd prefer our away games to always be on at that time.