Skip to main content
Topic: R3 Essendon V Carlton - Prematch Posturing (Read 66353 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R3 Essendon V Carlton - Prematch Posturing

Reply #105
At least Stuey Crameri or Alwyn 'Superstar' Davey arent around this time to have their usual birthdays against us

Davey would get banned for staging before he made it out of the players race!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #106
No Brock and no Garlett is a good thing taking the first two games into account.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #107
No Brock and no Garlett is a good thing taking the first two games into account.

Yeah I understand what you mean.

Although admittedly I hope they persist with Garlett, when he's on song he's a gun.         
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #108

Although admittedly I hope they persist with Garlett, when he's on song he's a gun.        

Jeffrey doesn't like being harassed physically, he switches off big time!

But that is one of the reasons why I think our list of introverts is out of balance, there are few prepared to push back they all prefer to just jog away!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #109

Garletts pressure acts are very important to our team.

He creates as much scoring opportunity and adds a lot of speed to a team that seems to be lacking a yard or two.  I would be thinking very hard whether or not its worth dropping him.  Although Walker has plenty of toe and could play his role.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #112
you would think given the negative publicity regarding he not fronting 3Q time huddle, along with his first 2 performances, that it gives the club an opportunity to reinforce team behavioral rules whilst bringing in a fresh face. Hopefully Cripp's if he is ready.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #113
Scum are on top for disposals in the comp whilst we are at the bottom. What does that mean for us? We'll be playing our predictable around the boundary game trying to stifle any Bummer run and they'll be looking to switch it through the corridor whenever possible which is how most sides cut us up. Malthouse needs to earn his dough for once and come up with something different to counter the scum run.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #114
That's right PI2C, we are continually kicking to a contest (usually around the boundary) when we don't have players that can win the ball easily, while other teams are keeping possession and running to create the loose man.  *sigh*
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #115
Ryder out.  Will change my prediction.  Bombers by 6 goals

Reply #116
Robbo might not get up apparently.

Reply #117
Im forecasting a win.

Simply because its the sort of thing our footy club would do.

Just when you think you're out, they reel you back in with an inspirational victory against an old foe.  Im predicting a less than 5 point margin to the victor and that the Victor will be us and the sole reason being is that no one really expects us to win.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #119
I've been thinking about this for awhile now about how the older players can get involved with the current players.
What about the older players, the legends of the club come into the rooms at the start of a game and either walk around and mingle or just stand a watch.
Just having them there would create an aura, something would have to rub off. :-\
2024... Moir of the same to come