Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 485113 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #3405
You know when the US has been in similar predicaments in the past they have a unique way of sorting it out.

If I was Trump and I get re-elected, I'd be pulling my head in! :o

Generally because of the character and values of the incumbent.

However, the Nixon years provide a good example of what can go wrong.  Nixon’s administration was terrified that the Democrats were planning to take control of the country.  Their illegal actions were intended to stop that happening.

It was insiders and the media rather than the political parties, representatives, senators and judiciary that stopped Nixon.

If Aurangzeb is elected, the last thing he’ll do is pull his head in.  It will be full on retribution, encouraging MAGA, shoring up a favourable Supreme Court, pardoning accomplices and corrupting the electoral process.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3406
George Clooney publicly says Biden can't win.
It will be Trump v Harris.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3407
George Clooney publicly says Biden can't win.
It will be Trump v Harris.

Reality is, no matter who runs and who wins (Biden/Harris or Trump) the US is the loser. Said it before and I'll say it again, this time differently... they're all phlegm balls in the sore throat of leadership.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #3408
Reality is, no matter who runs and who wins (Biden/Harris or Trump) the US is the loser. Said it before and I'll say it again, this time differently... they're all phlegm balls in the sore throat of leadership.

Nice turn of phrase Shane 😀

The situation would be funny too … if it didn’t have such serious implications.

The bottom line is that the Democrats have no power to address the situation.  It’s up to Biden whether he runs or steps aside.  The only similar situation in modern times is LBJ deciding not to run because he realised that he had no chance.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3409
The difference is Johnson still had the faculties to know he couldn't win.
Joe doesn't...and those closest to him are not helping him come to that conclusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9nYLnrou8A

Reply #3410
Bring on the golf match.

Trump, speaking from the 10th hole of his course, challenged Biden to another debate or even a "golf-off" reviving an offbeat argument from their debate.
But mostly, he rubbed in how their meetup left Biden's campaign facing a grim prognosis.
"Our victory was so absolute that Joe's own party now wants him to throw in the towel and surrender the presidency after a single 90-minute performance," Trump said.
"They want 'Crooked Joe' out of the race. It's a shame the way they’re treating him. But don’t feel sorry for him. He’s a very bad guy." 
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3411
Last time Trump got a low score at golf he ended up with a blister on his big toe! ;)

It says so much about the USA that a large segment of the general public worship rubbish like that sort of carry on. They have a large segment that think winning by cheating is still winning, if it's one of their own, yet the very same section of the public will admonish China's Olympic athletes!

FFS, silly old kents, the US should bring in compulsory retirement for both of them!
"Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck ....... Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck"

Reply #3412
It's the same here. Labor are as corrupt as hell but people don't care because it's their team.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3413
It's the same here. Labor are as corrupt as hell but people don't care because it's their team.

Nuh. The word corruption is synonymous with most political ideologies.

As Einstein once said, and I'm paraphrasing, once you become a blindly loyal/rusted on political party supporter you no longer have any use for your brain... just the brain stem - so you can walk, eat, breathe, ablute and vote.

My humble reading of many folks here is that there're few blindly politically loyalists. Mostly, our blind loyalty is reserved for our beloved Bluebaggers.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #3414
That Einstein was a pretty smart guy. :D

Reply #3415

I've probably been as pro-andrews as anyone on this site.
However, to suggest that its because its 'my team' or to suggest that people don't realise they are corrupt is showing YOUR bias.

Every political party is corrupt, including Liberal.

I'm not rusted on anything. I hate all the parties and all politicians. ToMAYto, ToMARto.

Reply #3416

So what evidence of corruption do you have?

After over 40 years working with State governments of both persuasions I can only think of one incident where corruption from a member of the government was likely.  Incompetence, naivety, pork barreling, populism, dishonesty, self-aggrandisement, risk aversion, cowardice, branch stacking, bullying, discrimination, nepotism and many other failings were relatively commonplace but certainly not exclusive to one party or another.

I have no doubt that corruption exists, as the NSW ICAC has shown, but "corrupt as hell"?

I think "Labor are as corrupt as the Liberals, Nationals and Greens" is probably more accurate.

Reply #3417
I've only seen evidence of incompetence.

The shame is the same party keeps winning anyway.

Once upon a time people would revolt.  We aren't there yet but next generation will get there. 

Can't afford housing, groceries or what not at aged 25 and coming from middle class Australia?  That's a recipe for a revolution if I've ever seen one.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3418
Biden just introduced the president of the Ukraine as Putin.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3419
Now he has backed his Vice President Trump.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!