Skip to main content
Topic: Round #4 Carlton vs St. Kilda in NZ: Pre Game prognostications (Read 66353 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round #4 Carlton vs St. Kilda in NZ: Pre Game prognostications

Reply #165
We STILL can't get to 46,000 members. Forget about us getting to 50,000!!

Reply #166
I'm actually very excited about this game, not only do we get to see Bucks, Blainester and Jaksch in action the game also starts at 11:30AM! Think of Shades and CIMM they'll be tuning in at 830AM! :P

I'm old. I don't wake up till 1.00 in the afternoon.

In fact at my age, I'm lucky to wake up at all. :-[ :-[ :-\ :-\

Reply #167
You'll be right BC! Just think, you will end up having seen a lot more premierships than me! I've seen two and one of them I was only 11.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #168
We STILL can't get to 46,000 members. Forget about us getting to 50,000!!

I suppose I should explain. I've been watching the total for the last three weeks and it has been virtually unchanged in that time. I know we haven't won a game, but we have had that much written about us and Mick's forthcoming milestone etc, and we still can't get supporters to part with their hard earned.

The Club have got a hell of a lot of work to do to regain the confidence of the non-committed supporters out there.
Mind you,  winning a game or six, might be a good start.

Reply #169
I'm actually very excited about this game, not only do we get to see Bucks, Blainester and Jaksch in action the game also starts at 11:30AM! Think of Shades and CIMM they'll be tuning in at 830AM! :P

Just gettin in Carrots, just gettin in. :) ;) ;)
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #170
May as well get Curnow to 100 games.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #171
You'll be right BC! Just think, you will end up having seen a lot more premierships than me! I've seen two and one of them I was only 11.

I might have written this before, but in 1968, John Nicholls, who we were very close to, got me and my brother tickets to the Grand Final. It was our first experience of going.

We sat next to an indigenous young bloke, and another young bloke.

I was talking through the game to the indigenous fellow, and not having any brains then, I've got even less now, I didn't introduce myself, or ask who he was. 

After we won the game, I said to him, we are going to be even better next year when Jackson and Thornley come over and play with us.

It was only then that he introduced himself as Syd Jackson, and said about the bloke that had sat next to him, and that's Bert Thornley.
Both played in the 70 grand Final, with Thornley, I think it was, going off at half time to make way for Hopkins who kicked 4 goals.

I got to know Syd, a really lovely bloke, quite well,  over the ensuing years, and whenever I see Syd, and it's been a while, we always laugh about that day.

Reply #172
There you have it, what a great story. I haven't seen us win a GF live, my greatest triumph is the 99 Prelim.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #173
There you have it, what a great story. I haven't seen us win a GF live, my greatest triumph is the 99 Prelim.
Sigh....seen 79, 82, 87, 93 failure, 95 (what a forken day), 99 failure. They were the days boys, they were indeed the days.

Reply #174
I might have written this before, but in 1968, John Nicholls, who we were very close to, got me and my brother tickets to the Grand Final. It was our first experience of going.

We sat next to an indigenous young bloke, and another young bloke.

I was talking through the game to the indigenous fellow, and not having any brains then, I've got even less now, I didn't introduce myself, or ask who he was. 

After we won the game, I said to him, we are going to be even better next year when Jackson and Thornley come over and play with us.

It was only then that he introduced himself as Syd Jackson, and said about the bloke that had sat next to him, and that's Bert Thornley.
Both played in the 70 grand Final, with Thornley, I think it was, going off at half time to make way for Hopkins who kicked 4 goals.

I got to know Syd, a really lovely bloke, quite well,  over the ensuing years, and whenever I see Syd, and it's been a while, we always laugh about that day.

:D
Great story bignic  ;)
Hopefully the young folk get to experience some success before too long.

Reply #175
looks like we will wait umtil next week at the earliest to see Whiley and Jacksch play together, not a bad stage to do it on, the MCG vs the old enemy if it happens.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #176
This has to be the worst team we have fielded since late 2012

Agreed. Judd, Yarran, Kreuzer, Menzel, Warnock & Thomas are all in our best 22 and we don't have the list to cover their absence.

Reply #177
Agreed. Judd, Yarran, Kreuzer, Menzel, Warnock & Thomas are all in our best 22 and we don't have the list to cover their absence.

What is more sad, is the fact that Judd isn't the man he was in the past. He gets tagged every game to shut him down. Kreuzer can't be injury free to get out on the park. Warnock isn't that good to start with. Thomas suffers the same issues Kreuzer does. Can't be injury free enough to do something on the field. Menzel has moments when he wants to work and moments when he just can't be bothered. Yarran sometimes has the same issues Menzel has, when he isn't punching guys out and getting 3 week suspensions. What a sad collective group we have at our club. >:(

This game against St Kilda is not going to be easy for us at all. Don't expect a great result if you are realistic. By all means be optimistic, but don't let the reality ruin your afternoon.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #178
if you have pay TV you will be lucky enough to see us play. The game starts at 11:10 our time.
I don't have pay TV, so it is pretty unlikely that I'll see even a minute of the game.
I really have to do something about that. I am getting pretty frustrated not seeing games because they are on pay TV only. It is only going to get worse if we can't start playing some decent footy.  >:( >:( >:(

The lineups:
Yes, I know our team was already posted, but the 'Aints weren't.

Carlton
B: Sam Rowe, Michael Jamison, Zach Tuohy.
HB: Kade Simpson,  Sam Docherty, Andrew Walker.
C: Dennis Armfield, Patrick Cripps, Andrejs Everitt.
HF: Tom Bell, Levi Casboult, David Ellard.
F: Marc Murphy, Liam Jones, Lachie Henderson.
Foll: Cameron Wood, Bryce Gibbs, Andrew Carrazzo.
I/C: Blaine Boekhorst, Dylan Buckley, Ed Curnow, Jason Tutt.
Emg: Matthew Dick, Nick Graham, Kristian Jaksch

St Kilda

B: Sean Dempster, Luke Delaney, Cameron Shenton.
HB: Dylan Roberton, Sam Fisher, Jarryn Geary.
C: Shane Savage, David Armitage, Jack Newnes.
HF: Adam Schneider, Josh Bruce, Tim Membrey.
F: Jack Billings, Paddy McCartin, Jack Lonie.
Foll: Billy Longer, Luke Dunstan, Jack Steven.
I/C: Tom Curren, Nathan Wright, Ahmed Saad, Jack Sinclair.
Emg: Tom Hickey, Darren Minchington, Blake Acres

My 2 cents worth:
Having only 1 ruckman and having Casboult as the backup is still an issue for me, even though Wood played very well last week and out midfield clearances were among the best they've been since Diesel was there. Longer does not fill me with fear yet and they also have serious big man issues: I honestly cannot see who is going to give Longer a break. I'm hoping for a positive showing in the middle, but we will really miss Judd's class.

I am glad to see some pacy players in the side. Hopefully we can improve our outside run. Last week we were incredibly poor in this area and Essendon killed us on the rebound. St. Kilda don't have the same skill level, but no names tend to do well against us. The 'Aints have a lot of no names.

I am worried about Jamo's fitness. At the moment, his form was on the improve last week, especially late in the game. He could be very handy. However, if he isn't fit, then it is better not to play him. I hope Jaksch is ready. To me he didn't appear to be up to the pace of the game yet. However, he is the future. He will get more game time. I just hope we don't screw him up by playing him when he isn't ready.

I hope we are not disrespecting the 'Aints. Their form was good in the first 2 rounds, although they were ordinary last week. Our form has been nothing to write home about. I really want us to come out like we played in the last quarter last week.

Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #179
We certainly do not seem to be getting any respect at the moment. Having these guys fit and firing would make a tremendous difference to our team. Nobody seems to realize this among the pundits.
White would be a starter as well: he was playing very well before he was hurt. Take 6 or 7 of your best out of any team and they would struggle.
Live Long and Prosper!