Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 7: Post Game Platitudes: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 19208 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 7: Post Game Platitudes: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #75
You guys must be watching a different Kade Simpson to me.

I'd have him in the top 2 for our B&F right now.

He was best on ground for Adelaide last night.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #76

I agree, can't understand the criticism, he's one of our best so far this year, and will continue to give 100% at every contest for the rest of the year. There are some protected species who we are not allowed to criticise on this forum, so some of our best cop it

Reply #77
There isn't a Carlton fan alive or dead that doesn't love Simmo, but the end comes for players, coaches etc. at some point, and when it comes, it comes quickly.

If Clarkson was our coach, Simmo would have been pushed 2 seasons ago.

It has nothing to do with effort or how much we love the guy. He's been ordinary for long enough.

Reply #78
@ jeza an JB
No one, certainly not me, is questioning his effort or commitment. A more loyal and courageous servant there has never been. But his turnovers and errors in key areas of the ground is really hurting us. We highlight what the kids do wrong, its only fair we highlight the errors the experienced blokes make also. NO ONE is immune or off limits in this area. Im sure they are brought up in the game review.
For the record, I am Simmo's biggest fan, I have said on many occasions on this site he is my favourite Carlton player of ALL time. I don't know anyone else who can lay claim to ever stating that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #79

Top 2 for effort maybe , but not for execution......

Reply #80
So you're replacing him with who exactly?

Reply #81
So you're replacing him with who exactly?

I presume Docherty will return and Mullett will probably do his role until we draft/trade in someone better.....

Reply #82
Easy to sit back and bag our players, probably makes you feel good I don't know, but if there's noone better to replace them then let's support our guys, goodness knows they need it

Reply #83
If youre suggesting Mullett is better than Simpson then you're kidding yourself

Reply #84
Not to mention insulting Simpson.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #85
Simpson has been responsible for some horrible turnovers this season but he has a lot of mates and he isn't keeping anyone out of the side.

Unfortunately we remember all the bad kicks but he is running above 70% efficiency which isn't a retire immediately statistic.

It just hurts more because we expect so much better decision making and execution from him. As an experienced leader.
Long time lurker few time poster !!

Reply #86
Simpson has been responsible for some horrible turnovers this season but he has a lot of mates and he isn't keeping anyone out of the side.

Unfortunately we remember all the bad kicks but he is running above 70% efficiency which isn't a retire immediately statistic.

It just hurts more because we expect so much better decision making and execution from him. As an experienced leader.

Perspective! Good observations H.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #87
Another impressive media conference from BB. Handled direct, personal and important questions with integrity and aplomb. Glad he uses words like 'hurting' when referring to how he is feeling, how other coaches are feeling and understanding it's how we must be feeling. Very uniting and empathic. I hope our fortunes turn very soon, for him to celebrate wins as much as anyone. You also deserve reward for effort, BB.

On another subject completely and in response to some of the above... not getting the criticisms of Simmo. Yes, I like many have groaned at some of his lame disposals, but they're few and far between - his good far outweighs the c0ckups. The bloke still has terrific judgement re where to put his slight frame and is an overall effective defender. And we sure as hell aint got anyone who can do what he does at present. He and Daisy have been doing a mountain of work down back against, at times, overwhelming odds. You put Docherty, Williamson and Byrne in that backline and suddenly a lot changes... a lot being left to a few at present but that will change.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #88

Have to be careful because the disposal efficiency(DE) doesn't take account of where the errors are made.

For example Simmo had 19 kicks and 7 handballs, I don't recall a Simmo handball missing a target, so that means to get to the 70% DE almost 45% of his kicks must have missed targets!

Also, another DE smokescreen can be hospital handballs. If you hit a bloke on the chest and he's smashed it counts as an efficient disposal despite being a horrific error in decision making!

Finally, some guys go at low DE but their errors might come from clearing kicks under pressure in the back pocket, they probably deserve some slack in that regard.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #89

When did I state he was better?....I said he will do the job until we draft or trade in someone better, didnt say I rate  him at all. Mullett isnt Simpson's bootlace as a footballer but there is nothing in the NB's to replace him with and SOS doesnt tend to cull his own freshly drafted players so I expect Mullet on the list for a couple of more seasons at least...
Small defenders have been an issue with us for a while...Docherty and Simpson rebound well but are not so big on the defending side especially Simpson , and Mullet is next to useless as a lock down player....