Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 1 Post Game Party: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 39458 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 1 Post Game Party: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #151
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/a-grey-area-blues-under-fire-for-new-look-20180323-p4z5x9.html

I don't like them either. Like some place in industrial North England, where the whole town seems enveloped in grey soot.

Wow, we’ve upset some heavy hitters there... ????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #152
It's six on six down back now, not seven on six, defenders have to defend and will be tested with our new game plan and the possibility of more turnovers.
No room anymore for intercept marking players only, the honeymoon down back is over and we will see who can hold there own as a defender.

Reply #153
It's six on six down back now, not seven on six, defenders have to defend and will be tested with our new game plan and the possibility of more turnovers.
No room anymore for intercept marking players only, the honeymoon down back is over and we will see who can hold there own as a defender.

Yes, the luxury of having Doc as a loose man in defence is long gone.

However, it’s not really a six on six situation. Our defence, like most other clubs, relies on protecting areas and forcing inside 50s into low percentage parts of the ground.  It also relies on midfielders, rucks and forwards getting up the ground to defend territory.  That may result in an eight on eight or ten on ten defensive match up.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #154
Wow, we’ve upset some heavy hitters there... ????

Wait and see, they will all have the hand drying patches within a season or two, but you won't hear them giving Carlton any credit for it.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #155
I’d be demoting Byrne and Lamb, long before even considering Weitering or SOJ. I love Silvagni’s attack on the football, despite his lack of pace and unlike Lamb, he tends to stick his tackles. In time I’d like to think that SOJ could become our modern day Brett Heady.

Byrne needs to be more far more composed than he was last night, but perhaps he was instructed to play on at all times - in any event  Tom Williamson is a material upgrade.

Casboult appears to be besieged by mental demons - he has all the tools to be a dominant forward but is introverted and lacks belief in his ability to match it with a player like Rance or to take control of a game. I’m not sure how you inject a vile of Dermott Brereton into a guy like Levi.

Reply #156
Wait and see, they will all have the hand drying patches within a season or two, but you won't hear them giving Carlton any credit for it.
Do hand drying patches come in white?

Reply #157
I don't know why lamb is copping it.  Bloke worked his dot off to create a scoring chance which resulted in one of wrights goals.  Has added a little speed this year too and generally plays an honest if unspectacular style of footy.  He's not a major worry at the moment and I expect him to play more than he misses.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #158
I don't know why lamb is copping it.  Bloke worked his dot off to create a scoring chance which resulted in one of wrights goals.  Has added a little speed this year too and generally plays an honest if unspectacular style of footy.  He's not a major worry at the moment and I expect him to play more than he misses.

I thought Lamb was OK as well.

You sort of answered your own question, the unspectacular reference nails it. He's suffering Daisy disease, nobody is noticing the unfashionable boring stuff he does that helps team-mates. Buit we saw a bunch of this stuff from Lamb during the JLT, and he's continued it into the season.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #159
Do hand drying patches come in white?

They are synthetic chamois, why would you want white for something that is intended to wipe your filthy greasy hands on?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #160

I thought they looked ugly. Had no idea they were chamois.  How clever. I agree we're blazing a niche trail here :))
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #161
Just watched the replay. A couple of things jump out:
1  we need to review our <15m dinky kicks and rub them out
2  Samo did some amazing moves q1. His tackle pressure will become a game changer in time
3   Zac Fisher is improving quarter by quarter. Star material
4   is Caddy related to Donald Trump? The face, the hair, the obsession with his own image.....
5   2 + 3 + Crippa + Bam Bam + Dow (?Charlie) are the foundation of our future midfield. Can't help but feel optimistic and a tad excited about our future  ^-^

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #162
Loved when he got polaxed by Nankervis jumped straight back up and showed no signs of emotion.
Pissed me off that little Levi ran straight past Nank without roughing him up after he smashed Big Zac Fisher. If CAS had Fishers guts and mongrel.....

Reply #163
It's been on our shorts since Fev was around. I don't think anyone's picked it up yet.

Reply #164
Also can't believe how many of the Richmond players I actually dislike now. Caddy, McIntosh, Butler, Nank, Ellis, Townsend, Riewoldt and did I mention Caddy.